| Dec 06, 2012
Today we're happy to announce the availability of our iOS SDK beta!
With the Fujifilm Smart Publishing API Open Mobile Workflow (SDK) you can quickly add photo merchandising to your existing iOS application: we’ve built the UI for selecting products, composing products, capturing customer information and processing payment. We’ve added this as an easy and free alternative to developing your own UI with the Fujifilm Smart Publishing API RESTful services.
How does it work?
Simply put, when your customers want to order a photo print or a gift product from within your application you simply launch the Fujifilm SDK and when your customer has completed their order they’ll end up right back in your application.
You’re in control
The products we show in the SDK are completely up to you and so are the prices. You can adjust the products and prices from the Fujifilm Developer Network portal and changes will be reflected in your application.
You can also skip the product selection entirely: add the item and photo directly to the cart and begin the checkout experience immediately, it’s up to you and what makes the most sense for your customer.
What do I need to get started?
The iOS SDK is a static universal library that can be used to add photo products to iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad applications. To add the library to your application you’ll need the following:
- 15 minutes
- An iPhone/iPad application built for iOS version 5.0 or above (or an idea for one)
- An account with the Fujifilm Developer Network (sign up here)
- An application and APIKey from the Fujifilm Developer Network
- Xcode 4.5 or above (to try out our sample application)
- Fujifilm Smart Publishing API SDK & Sample Application (available here). Full instructions for adding the SDK to your project in Xcode and the methods it uses are included with the SDK & Sample Application.
We’re always interested in feedback! If you run into any trouble, have a suggestion, or want to let us know what worked well for you drop us a line here on the blog post, on the forums, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.